Skip to main content.

Stories And Combat

posted by pilgrim

pilgrim
Stories And Combat 1 of 3
Feb. 8, 2024, 10:46 p.m.

We've completed addressing this current round of stories! Hopefully everyone's happy with how things are going for their arcs so far.

Development Progress

• Combat: We finished vicinities, so now I'm on combat. The goal is to rework trauma calculations before the RPT on Sunday. 
Feb. 8, 2024, 10:46 p.m.
Zahra
Re: Stories And Combat 2 of 3
Feb. 8, 2024, 10:51 p.m.
  • Combat: We finished vicinities, so now I'm on combat. The goal is to rework trauma calculations before the RPT on Sunday. 

THIS SCARES ME laugh I'm just kidding. I won't be there. Have fun, y'all!

I just wanted to mention that I got the best love letter of all time out of my arc, so I'm a happy camper. I want to print it out and frame it somewhere. But I won't. Because that would be weird... but thanks for working so hard on those arcs!

Feb. 8, 2024, 10:51 p.m.
pilgrim
Re: Stories And Combat 3 of 3
Feb. 9, 2024, 3:25 p.m.

I took a look at a few arcs that weren't on the list, due to not having invested presence, and reworked trauma so that hopefully people won't be constantly passing out anymore. 

The combat revamp itself is going to take a while to come out, but I'll keep the game updated on progress by posting here. Meanwhile, we can hopefully look forward to more bug fixes on vicinities and emergency repairs to anything else gamebreaking. 

Also, if anyone needs an NPC for something and I'm online, give me a beep (BEEP PILGRIM) and hopefully I'll be able to respond (no promises though, I might be AFK!). laugh

Will Edit This Post For Updates!

------------------------------- [ progress so far: 7% ]--------------------------------------

• Structuring a handler to contain all necessary combat calculations (40%)
  • Standardizing a way to add more combat abilities (5%)
  • Reforming the "execute_combat_move" function to use this handler and standardization (10%)
  • Incorporating animal and human attacks into a holistic implementation of combat moves (15%)
  • Unit testing (30%)

-------------------------------- [ continuing forward ]---------------------------------------

• Tweaks and rebalancing ( 101%+)  
Feb. 9, 2024, 3:25 p.m.