Skip to main content.

IC Logs

posted by pilgrim

pilgrim
IC Logs 1 of 3
Feb. 24, 2024, 9:51 p.m.

So, I don't think we have good guidelines on how to use the IC logs section of the forums, and it's becoming urgent.

Issues We Don't Want To See:

• Posting heavily edited content
    • IC fiction exists for subjective takes on events
    • Logs should be relatively-pure records of ongoings, and shouldn't contain a lot of edited or redacted material
  • Posting ongoing IC intrigue
    • Even when things are happening in public locations, serious intrigue shouldn't get circulated to IC logs
    • This can cloud IC intrigue with that bad-feeling PvP taint that we really don't want, at all

What We Want To See:

• RPT logs
  • Logs of publicly-held social events
  • Slice-of-life logs
  • Lighthearted logs
  • Really fun, dramatic, non-intrigue logs like a brawl
  • A true-to-the-time record of old, not-currently-relevant IC intrigue, as long as all involved parties either OOCly agree to post it or are no longer playing

Everyone understand this and cool with it? Any suggestions or ideas for how to define these guidelines in a better and clearer way, or a preference regarding more helpful guidelines?

Feb. 24, 2024, 9:51 p.m.
Zahra
Re: IC Logs 2 of 3
Feb. 24, 2024, 10:09 p.m.

Sure! I am in full agreement with this. I apologize for my last log, given these new guidelines. I thought it would be entertaining to see a montage and I rather enjoyed putting it together. And I made sure all the snippets that were posted had been in rooms where NPCs or vNPCs were present, accounting for how any of those snippets might have become known (save for one, which I just included for the comedy value) as I felt like that would be kosher.

But I'm happy to delete said log, if that would make people more comfortable <3

Edit: I just went on ahead and deleted it! Sorry about that, guys and gals.

Feb. 24, 2024, 10:09 p.m.
pilgrim
IC Logs 1 of 3
Feb. 24, 2024, 11:08 p.m.

Sure! I am in full agreement with this. I apologize for my last log, given these new guidelines. I thought it would be entertaining to see a montage and I rather enjoyed putting it together. And I made sure all the snippets that were posted had been in rooms where NPCs or vNPCs were present, accounting for how any of those snippets might have become known (save for one, which I just included for the comedy value) as I felt like that would be kosher.

But I'm happy to delete said log, if that would make people more comfortable <3

Edit: I just went on ahead and deleted it! Sorry about that, guys and gals.

originally written by Zahra at 25-Feb-2024 (03:09)

Your post reminded me of a "day in the life" I once spent on a character that was also full of back-to-back intriguing meetings, so I completely understand the enjoyment you took in putting it together. 

And it wasn't just your log that would have been outside these new guidelines, but I am not condemning anyone for posting logs when we don't have clear guidelines about what's appropriate. When the content is potentially so sensitive, posting logs immediately after they happen in-game can ruin the fun for people who want to be sure that plotting all happens in-game. It turns the atmosphere into a strange, unsavory metagame that can prove difficult to navigate. Hence this topic!

We want IC intrigue to stay fun and thrilling! So these are the steps we're taking to keep it that way. Y'all are great and looking forward to seeing where things go.

Feb. 24, 2024, 11:08 p.m.