Skip to main content.

Some Unavailability News

posted by Yasin

Yasin
Some Unavailability News 1 of 7
March 3, 2024, 4:52 p.m.

Hey friends ... needed to share some personal news I just learned.

Unfortunately, I just learned about 30 minutes ago that my father-in-law, who has been ill for a while, may be passing tonight. We (my wife and I) are trying to figure out what to do - we may travel (it is a bit of a journey), or we might not - things are a bit up in the air. I'm sharing this partially to let y'all know that Yasin may be MIA, and also because I've got an event that is happening tonight.

I am not in a good headspace right now to think of a good IC reason why Yasin wouldn't be around to run his meeting - and there's a possibility that he still will be. But if anyone wants to reach out to me and offer a suggestion (e.g. I'm happy to just have the meeting go ahead and have someone else facilitate it), I'd greatly appreciate it.

<3

March 3, 2024, 4:52 p.m.
Zahra
Re: Some Unavailability News 2 of 7
March 3, 2024, 4:57 p.m.

I'm SO, SO, SO sorry to hear this. Please focus on your RL stuff and don't worry about us. If Yasin needs to tap out, please feel free to drop Zahra a plot note as I probably won't be on until later. But you know Zahra would be happy to take over for him. 

Maybe he's sick. All that grog. Or the rat bites in sensitive places.

March 3, 2024, 4:57 p.m.
Esfandiar
Re: Some Unavailability News 3 of 7
March 3, 2024, 5:15 p.m.

You have my sympathies, and I wish you good luck with sorting things out in a tolerable way, that's very hard.

Honestly being under the weather requires no suspension of disbelief; we are on a ship with a questionable diet, rudimentary medical facilities, and no hygiene measures to speak of. We are actually already handwaving the dysentery we've all had all this time.

March 3, 2024, 5:15 p.m.
pilgrim
Re: Some Unavailability News 4 of 7
March 3, 2024, 5:38 p.m.

So sorry to hear this, p of Yasin... it must be a very difficult time, and of course you're not in the headspace. You don't need to be; this kind of thing takes total priority. 

Please take all the time you need in order to deal with this difficult news, and everything that follows, and care for your mental health and loved ones... and don't worry about the game at all, unless you need it sometimes for a bit of escapism. I'm sure that if you're not online, someone else will facilitate the meeting and yeah there's totally dysentery and such going around. Everything will be fine.

My condolences to you and your wife, and the rest of your family, for the loss and grief... and best wishes to your father in law, for whenever he passes into the next great adventure. 

March 3, 2024, 5:38 p.m.
Rostam
Re: Some Unavailability News 5 of 7
March 3, 2024, 6:43 p.m.

Hey man,

Please please please don't worry about the game. It will be here and we will be fine. I'm thinking about you and your family during this hard time and I hope that you are able to mark this off as one less thing to stress about.

Whatever Yasin's reason, we'll rolll with it and we'll be okay and happy to see you when you're back.

March 3, 2024, 6:43 p.m.
Ziyad
Re: Some Unavailability News 6 of 7
March 3, 2024, 7:26 p.m.

Don't worry about the event, pof Yasin. Real life comes first, so do what you need to do for yourself and your family. We'll be here to hold down the fort for you until you're in a better headspace. In the meanwhile, I'll send my best wishes and strongest good vibes your way, and hope that your family gets through this trying period as well as possible.

March 3, 2024, 7:26 p.m.
Yasin
Re: Some Unavailability News 7 of 7
March 3, 2024, 8:43 p.m.

Hey everyone!

Wow -- I'm overwhelmed by the support from this community. Thanks everyone - I really, really, really cannot express my appreciation for the messages here, and to those who shot me an OOCMail. I love y'all. On my IRL end, we've got a plan in place and I'm in a much better headspace now. Coordinating travel/etc took a bit of time!

I also reached out to pilgrim and we have a rough plan for things making sense tonight in-game. Yasin will be around tonight - at least partially.

I'll just end this little note with another <3 to you all. This community is fantastic, you all made my day better with your notes.

March 3, 2024, 8:43 p.m.