Skip to main content.

Resources and References?

posted by Marwa

Marwa
Resources and References? 1 of 3
March 17, 2024, 3:17 p.m.

I thought it might be nice to have a place for sharing any interesting resources or helpful material that we find while trying to inform our RP!

I was pretty tentative about making this thread, as I realize references for different subjects tend to be shared under their respective threads as questions come up. Maybe this could be a place to share those random things that don't necessarily fit anywhere (yet) but people think would be helpful to others in the community?

I have a couple small ones to start:

• Mama Lisa's page of children's songs/rhymes from around the world. The topic of nursery songs came up in a scene and I scrambled to find a sample to modify and use. This website has so many examples! I don't know how thoroughly vetted everything is, but I checked the materials for my native language and those looked okay, so that made me feel better about sharing this here. Translations are rough around the edges but seem to get the point across.
  • Introducing: The Oud - this seemed like a very nice, succinct (11 min), surface-level educational video on the oud and related music theory!
March 17, 2024, 3:17 p.m.
Esfandiar
Re: Resources and References? 2 of 3
March 17, 2024, 3:24 p.m.

Wow! The Mama Lisa site is amazeballs. Thank you so much for sharing!

March 17, 2024, 3:24 p.m.
Marwa
Re: Resources and References? 3 of 3
March 17, 2024, 8:34 p.m.

You're so welcome! <33 Glad it's helpful!

March 17, 2024, 8:34 p.m.