Skip to main content.

RPT: A Change Is As Good As Arrest

posted by Esfandiar

Esfandiar
RPT: A Change Is As Good As Arrest 1 of 7
Feb. 24, 2024, 3:44 p.m.

Starting at 11am PST / 2pm EST / 7pm UK / 6am Aus.

In which the Greenest Dolphin may receive a timely renovation.

Sorry this is being posted so close to the event. Planning was a challenge!

Feb. 24, 2024, 3:44 p.m.
Yeshev
Re: RPT: A Change Is As Good As Arrest 2 of 7
Feb. 25, 2024, 10:09 p.m.

I just wanted to give a huge thanks and shout out to the people who put in the OOC work to pull this off and arrange it through what must have been a very challenging spiderweb of timezones and playtimes, as well as a huge kudos to all the in-game efforts that led up to this event.

You are all an absolute blast to play with, and as writers/RPers, an enjoyable challenge to keep up with!

Thanks!

Feb. 25, 2024, 10:09 p.m.
Zahir
Re: RPT: A Change Is As Good As Arrest 3 of 7
Feb. 25, 2024, 10:50 p.m.

Agreed, thanks to everyone who showed up and who participated in all the various threads that came together to make this happen.

Thanks especially to Pilgrim of course for juggling a lot, and to the Australians for being up far too early in the day.

I had a blast, and look forward to future shenanigans with you.

Feb. 25, 2024, 10:50 p.m.
Esfandiar
Re: RPT: A Change Is As Good As Arrest 4 of 7
Feb. 25, 2024, 10:57 p.m.

I want to add my kudos to Pilgrim, for being in 12 places at once for like 8 hours straight, and to those crazy Australians who were up at like 5am, y'all.

And thanks very much to everyone else who came and participated! It was great to see people running with the diversion, too. <3

Feb. 25, 2024, 10:57 p.m.
Rakim
Re: RPT: A Change Is As Good As Arrest 5 of 7
Feb. 26, 2024, 2:03 a.m.

Watching all the different story threads come together is like magic. You guys are all wonderful. Thank you so much for the RP and for including me.

Edit to add: An extra special shout-out to staff for being so patient with me. I knew you were swamped and was anxious about being too demanding. I especially appreciated the increasingly-obvious hints to help guide my sleep-deprived brain through.

Feb. 26, 2024, 2:03 a.m.
Mistsparrow
Re: RPT: A Change Is As Good As Arrest 6 of 7
Feb. 26, 2024, 7:59 a.m.

Pilgrim is pretty much the most amazing (not to mention utterly indefatigable) story runner ever. YAY PILGRIM!

Thanks to all the players who have wound the story into such tangled threads (knots???) and pushed it to such dramatic heights as well! And kudos to Esfandiar for coming up with one of the world's (p)(f)unniest event names; I can only assume the REAL REASON it took so long to post this event on the calendar was because discovering the world's best event name is a time consuming process. "Planning," whatever.

You guys all rock!

Feb. 26, 2024, 7:59 a.m.
pilgrim
Re: RPT: A Change Is As Good As Arrest 7 of 7
Feb. 26, 2024, 8:49 a.m.

Seriously, this event was so much fun thanks to y'all. Kudos to everybody who took the story and ran with it in their own ways! All those dynamic approaches and initiatives make the plot wonderful. Looking forward to seeing what comes next and how the awesome PCs that we've been gradually getting to know will react and/or adapt. And as always, unending thanks for patience with the awkwardness of encountering bugs through alpha phase. :D

Feb. 26, 2024, 8:49 a.m.