Skip to main content.

Mini-event: Some Hands On Deck

posted by Inaya

Inaya
Mini-event: Some Hands On Deck 1 of 1
March 5, 2024, 1:13 a.m.

Thursday, 7 March

1pm PST - 4pm EST (server time) - 9pm UTC - 8am Friday 8 March AEDT

The remnants of the sails on the foremast and the mizzenmast need to be unfurled, checked, and some taken down for repairs, and the mizzen topgallant mast must be taken down entirely. The crew are terrified to come above deck - so unless Captain Inaya manages to be incredibly persuasive and gets them helping above, it's going to be mostly on the passengers to make it happen.

This event is planned to be pretty low-key. A mini-event, not a major happening. It's gonna be pretty strictly player-led, and thus is weather-dependent (fingers crossed!) and will just be RP with rolls for things like sailing, strength, acrobatics, or whatever other useful skills or stats anyone might apply to the situation. We'll be climbing the masts (there are three! But only one's climbable codedly, so we're RP'ing this too - get your grace and acrobatics dice ready), taking virtual sails down (also solely RP), removing the rigging from the topgallant mast, and rigging and hauling pulleys to pull the mast down. Hopefully not fighting monsters, though of course combatants at the ready is always nice to have just in case. Sailing teaching will be on offer for anybody interested. It'll be short, as there are some RL time constraints on pof Inaya's part. Absolutely not required attendance, and will be hosting a couple more of these at different times over the next week or two to hopefully be inclusive to various timezones. :)

Please note: At this time I am unable to schedule this to the calendar - technical difficulties. I'm putting it on the forum for advance notice, and hopefully pilgrim can help with putting an actual event up soon!

Edit: Huge thank you to pof Yasin who clued me in on what the problem with the calendar was - it's now posted. Legend! <3

March 5, 2024, 1:13 a.m.