Skip to main content.

Stat Bonuses?

posted by Zahra

Zahra
Stat Bonuses? 1 of 2
Jan. 30, 2024, 10:44 a.m.

A question!

For a long time, I was consistently getting a +1 to one of Zahra's stats (neither composure nor will, so it wasn't a result of using my character's memento). But for some time now, she hasn't been getting that bonus. I didn't bug it as I didn't know if the lack of the bonus was a bug or if the bonus being there in the first place had been the bug. I had always just assumed she was receiving said bonus based off of either her race or archetype, but now I'm not sure!

So I thought I'd ask.

Do different races/archetypes get stat bonuses? Are there any other circumstances (beyond using the memento) that might give a bonus?

Jan. 30, 2024, 10:44 a.m.
pilgrim
Re: Stat Bonuses? 2 of 2
Jan. 30, 2024, 11 a.m.

Yeah, there are a lot of effects and things that could cause stat bonuses, so it's difficult to say without more information -- I can't get online right now, but feel free to OOCmail me with more information if you need to give more details about the situation privately. 

One effect (possibly this one is your case) is if you spend 12 hours offline, you get the 'relatively balanced' bonus. It's assumed your character is dealing with their daily tedious chores (sleeping well (if your sleep habit is set)? grooming? working at their job? meditating on events? etc) and so they get a bonus to luck.  The duration stacks with however long you're offline -- so if you're online more than three hours in 24, it should wear off. Luck doesn't affect a ton of things (though it does affect some), so it's not a huge difference -- but it does give players a bit of incentive to prioritize real life, if they have addictive personalities such as myself.

Losing this bonus isn't necessarily an immediate reason to log off for 12 hours (sometimes players just legitimately have more time to play at a point in their lives, especially differently-abled players), but maybe it helps even things out a tiny bit. Song of Avaria has one dark pattern -- the daily Presence rewards -- and we wanted to make sure to mechanically balance out the potential ill effects of this on player brains.

Jan. 30, 2024, 11 a.m.