Skip to main content.

Bugged Relationship Procedure

posted by Zayit

Zayit
Bugged Relationship Procedure 1 of 3
Feb. 6, 2024, 3:14 p.m.

I've been informed that relationships tend to bug out sometimes. When this occurs, should we track the person down and rerecord our impressions, or are they stored in a backlog somewhere? I'm aware that every time you record an impression you gain some XP, so needless to say I don't want to abuse this.

So far I've also had one instance of being unable to attach an impression to a story development for this reason, so I'm hoping that with this being a known bug there'll be some grace in that regard.

N.B.: If anyone lost a relationship with me for this reason, I do still have all of those impressions saved.

Feb. 6, 2024, 3:14 p.m.
pilgrim
Re: Bugged Relationship Procedure 2 of 3
Feb. 6, 2024, 3:28 p.m.

So far, the only reason I've seen them bug out is when a related character gets accidentally deleted... if you have other bugs though please report them! I haven't looked at the bug list for a couple days because I'm revamping vicinities, but being unable to attach something to a story arc seems like a pretty game-breaking bug that would be high priority to fix.

Feb. 6, 2024, 3:28 p.m.
Zayit
Re: Bugged Relationship Procedure 3 of 3
Feb. 6, 2024, 4:19 p.m.

So I went to go look for the bugged impressions to submit that bug, and discovered it was actually a different bug: An intro I'd recognised became unrecognised, somehow, and that's why I thought the impression was just gone. (I have the memory of a goldfish.)

Q.E.D.: I'm a dummy. And have since added that impression to the story development. ðŸ˜… Sorry!

I was told by others though that this is a known bug so I guess if others are having issues, now you know it's not known, definitely bug it!

Feb. 6, 2024, 4:19 p.m.