Skip to main content.

hello! beat me up!

posted by Rivaz

Rivaz
hello! beat me up! 1 of 5
Jan. 23, 2024, 5:02 a.m.

Hello, everyone! I'm not approved yet, but-

I'm looking forward to checking the game out. The mechanics overall look pretty nice and what I can see of the design intentions and "mission statement" are attractive to the kind of vibe I like to roll with.

My work schedule completely locks me out of any of the upcoming RPTs, but that's all right. For anybody who happens to run into me in the future, I like longform personal roleplay and I appreciate a healthy dose of conflict, shenanigans, and lore engagement. Feel free to sprinkle in minor to moderate doses of verbal abuse. I tend to be pretty good at earning comeuppance.

I'll see you around.

Jan. 23, 2024, 5:02 a.m.
pilgrim
Re: hello! beat me up! 2 of 5
Jan. 23, 2024, 9:06 a.m.

Don't worry about not being able to attend any RPTs! I've been lightly animating the ship NPCs to try and spread some plot around every evening, so maybe you'll run into some of that. And of course, your character's story is of ultimate importance, regardless of any overarching plot. smiley

Jan. 23, 2024, 9:06 a.m.
Rivaz
Re: hello! beat me up! 3 of 5
Jan. 23, 2024, 10:20 a.m.

I'm not worried! It's the usual. Life be like that, as they say. I have limited playtime, but I make up for it with questionable decisionmaking.

I'll do my best to peek my head in and get my water legs soon o7

Jan. 23, 2024, 10:20 a.m.
Zahra
Re: hello! beat me up! 4 of 5
Jan. 23, 2024, 10:30 a.m.

Welcome to Avaria! Your post title gave me a good laugh this morning laugh But I just wanted to pop in and say as someone who also has limited playtime (boo adulting), I've been enjoying poking at the cutscene system they have here. It's definitely been a nice touch. But I also like that there have been times where I was only able to pop on for like 30ish minutes and it didn't feel strange at all for me to toddle around, run into a group on the ship, say some quick hi-byes and get caught up on the latest shenanigans and then dash off to go back to sleep.

Also, your character can totally sleep if you ever are in a position where you can be logged in but not really attentive to what's going on and you can still see emotes (but not says) if someone comes up into your cabin room and emotes in your unconscious charater's general direction.

Jan. 23, 2024, 10:30 a.m.
Esfandiar
Re: hello! beat me up! 5 of 5
Jan. 23, 2024, 10:45 a.m.

Many of us are adults now (boo, as Zahra says), and I really want to normalize welcoming people into plots and getting them up to speed as far as IC allows, and generally not making it Weird if they haven't been around or weren't there for that. I hope that works out for you and all of us!

Jan. 23, 2024, 10:45 a.m.