Skip to main content.

Experience Points and Skills

posted by Nai

pilgrim
Experience Points and Skills 1 of 23
Jan. 27, 2024, 6:42 p.m.

You're very right, and... I think that's partially why it's so low on my priority list. I was kind of watching character generation to see if we'd have a problem with a bevy of 70-year-old swordsmen, but it didn't happen. laugh

Edit: Sorry, new page -- that response was directly to Esfandiar's post about elderly characters and not wanting to make them less enticing to play.

Second edit: I'm still considering elderly effects though -- partially because I do think some of our elderly players would genuinely enjoy having those effects.

Jan. 27, 2024, 6:42 p.m.
Firouzeh
Jan. 28, 2024, 1:50 a.m.

You're very right, and... I think that's partially why it's so low on my priority list. I was kind of watching character generation to see if we'd have a problem with a bevy of 70-year-old swordsmen, but it didn't happen. laugh

Edit: Sorry, new page -- that response was directly to Esfandiar's post about elderly characters and not wanting to make them less enticing to play.

Second edit: I'm still considering elderly effects though -- partially because I do think some of our elderly players would genuinely enjoy having those effects.

originally written by pilgrim at 27-Jan-2024 (23:42)

As a player of an old character, can confirm (for me) it would be super fun to navigate elder effects. I think it makes sense to deal with some decline in certain abilities overtime and experience the occasional bout of illness/injury more frequently than the youths. Tiring out quicker? Hearing loss? Falling asleep mid 'back in my day' story?? 

Jan. 28, 2024, 1:50 a.m.
Nai
Jan. 29, 2024, 8:54 a.m.

As a player of an old character, can confirm (for me) it would be super fun to navigate elder effects. I think it makes sense to deal with some decline in certain abilities overtime and experience the occasional bout of illness/injury more frequently than the youths. Tiring out quicker? Hearing loss? Falling asleep mid 'back in my day' story?? 

originally written by Firouzeh at 28-Jan-2024 (06:50)

One thing to keep in mind is that the inflict command exists and you can give yourself chronic illnesses for long term stuff! Maybe just a good middle-ground for now.
Help Inflict - Song of Avaria

Jan. 29, 2024, 8:54 a.m.