Skip to main content.

<where> Display

posted by Briddim-rhua

Briddim-rhua
<where> Display 1 of 2
Jan. 27, 2024, 9:41 a.m.

I find the way that the <where> table displays a bit confusing, and wanted to see how others felt about it. It seems like the table makes a list of players on the right who are in a room, then vertically centers, relative to the players, the name of the room on the left. But this means that if there are two rooms with many people in them, it can be hard to tell who's in which room, since you have to figure out how far "off-center" the particular player is from the room name.

Personally, I'd prefer just having the Room Name hang out at the top of the list with the first listed player in that room, rather than centered, it's much cleaner to read. That, or introduce demarcation lines between rooms. Any thoughts?

Jan. 27, 2024, 9:41 a.m.
pilgrim
Re: &lt;where&gt; Display 2 of 2
Jan. 27, 2024, 9:49 a.m.

I just took a look at this and you're absolutely right, it's confusing. I am also a bit concerned as to how this would come across for screenreader users who may not even see the room name in the first row of text. In the end, it may be better not to use the evtable (part of the evennia codebase utilities) and just format something myself that should read simply right-to-left. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Jan. 27, 2024, 9:49 a.m.