Skip to main content.

Daydream?

posted by Zahra

Zahra
Daydream? 1 of 3
Feb. 2, 2024, 12:38 p.m.

WHAT ABOUT a daydream command that would work like think/feel/remember except it's representing something that your character is fantasizing/daydreaming about in the moment? I just suddenly thought something like that might be neat for the more introspective sorts.

Feb. 2, 2024, 12:38 p.m.
pilgrim
Re: Daydream? 2 of 3
Feb. 4, 2024, 7:56 p.m.

I like this idea but daydream is already a command for like, being just distracted and silly in a fight. Maybe we can double its purpose someday but for now it's perfectly fine to put daydream sort of content in thinks or feels or remembers. Like:

You remember seeing a butterfly, and daydream for a while about what it'd be like to ride a giant butterfly into the sunset. 

You think: That's a pretty butterfly. Wow. It'd be so cool to ride a giant butterfly... its back would probably be so fluffy. I'd ride it into the sunset, and we'd be friends forever...

You feel that it'd be really cool to ride a giant butterfly into the sunset. It'd be even more amazing if you and the butterfly were friends. Can butterflies talk? Can you learn butterfly language?

Feb. 4, 2024, 7:56 p.m.
Zahra
Re: Daydream? 3 of 3
Feb. 4, 2024, 8:06 p.m.

Sounds good! Absolutely brace yourself for the Zahra daydreams. (I mean... Zahra daydreaming. Not people daydreaming about Zahra).

Feb. 4, 2024, 8:06 p.m.