Skip to main content.

Unconciousness Duration Seems High?

posted by Mitsky

Mitsky
Unconciousness Duration Seems High? 1 of 4
March 9, 2024, 1:54 a.m.

So it's now been an hour-and-a-half since Mitsky was bonked unconcious, with no signs of that letting up except for a seemingly very, very random point where the code allowed me to wake up for all of three minutes.

I feel like this might be a bit restrictive; the wound causing the unconciousness was (I think) almost immediately tended and Mitsky was swiftly taken to a place to rest. If it's not thought to be too restrictive, some sort of way to gauge when your character might be able to wake up and remain alert enough to speak and to listen could go a long way to helping the player-behind-the-screen decide if they should remain attentive to Song of Avaria or find another way to occupy their time. If there's some concern over people being able to wake from conciousness before the scene-at-large is ready, a prompt allowing people to prevent that rise from unconciousness might be doable? Something where you push someone shifting awake back down? Just a thought!

(Edit: Another suggestion might be to drastically limit the amount of time spent unconcious, to just enough time for others to deal with the current situation (ie, tie someone up, disarm them, drag them somewhere, etc.) and add a longer-lasting status effect that greatly impacts their fighting ability, mobility, and perhaps lowers their languages stats to cause more uneven dialogue.)

March 9, 2024, 1:54 a.m.
Mitsky
Re: Unconciousness Duration Seems High? 2 of 4
March 9, 2024, 2 a.m.

To add just a bit of research: a quick google suggests that being unconcious for more than 30 minutes is REAL REAL REAL bad.

March 9, 2024, 2 a.m.
Illi
Re: Unconciousness Duration Seems High? 3 of 4
March 9, 2024, 2:26 a.m.

One thing to note is that unconsciousness doesn't stop you from emoting!

March 9, 2024, 2:26 a.m.
pilgrim
Re: Unconciousness Duration Seems High? 4 of 4
March 10, 2024, 12:15 a.m.

I agree, it doesn't seem right to have people unconscious for hour-long stretches at a time. Unconsciousness is something we'll need to take a look at, and tighten up a bit to make sure it's free of bugs and also not unrealistically punitive.

March 10, 2024, 12:15 a.m.